GARGANTUAN steps
Sunday, January 07, 2007
lives at stake
It's the last day of my Christmas holidays and school is reopening tomorrow with a big bang - the Formative Examinations. Apparently, most people don't care much about this because the grades are not counted, but I am taking it pretty seriously for a myriad of reasons. Firstly, it's all about personal pride and I am a pretty sore loser. Secondly, lives are at stake. It's all about being professional and since I'm going to be a doctor, all these bits and pieces of the course, no matter how unimportant it may seem, are important. Besides, there are attractive prizes for doing well, but that's for the end of year examinations, and that will be a different story. But these all leads up to it, and I'll only put in my best efforts!
Meanwhile, I've had a steamboat dinner held at my place, in the dining room opposite to my room! Thanks to Fon, Lap and Gabe Cher for helping me out with initial preparations. Was great to see the rest of my friends turn up too! Unfortunately, Trysha wasn't able to due to some important matters she had to attend. We had to fry part of the meat because the steamboat machine was cooking too slowly!

Meanwhile, I've had a steamboat dinner held at my place, in the dining room opposite to my room! Thanks to Fon, Lap and Gabe Cher for helping me out with initial preparations. Was great to see the rest of my friends turn up too! Unfortunately, Trysha wasn't able to due to some important matters she had to attend. We had to fry part of the meat because the steamboat machine was cooking too slowly!

Steamboat Dinner
Clockwise starting with the one right in front of the camera : Gabe Cher, Zheng Yuan, Fon, Lap, Laura, Caroline and Me
Clockwise starting with the one right in front of the camera : Gabe Cher, Zheng Yuan, Fon, Lap, Laura, Caroline and Me
My good buddy from SJI, Andrew, is here to bunk in for a while whilst he tours part of Europe. Great to meet up with him! He's gone to Edinburgh now for a particular reason and will be back next Saturday for our SJI dinner!
It's back to finish the rest of my revision and then I'm off to meet Mike and Fon for dinner!
Labels: Chinese New Year, Friends, London
posted by Gabriel Yan at 8:43 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home