GARGANTUAN steps
Thursday, January 25, 2007
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
I was rudely awokened this morning by a bunch of inconsiderate neanderthals from my hall at 4am this morning. Looking out of the window, I was pleasantly surprised to see snow falling from the sky (the weather forecast did predict snow, just not the time), and I understood why these people were making so much noise outside my halls. It was their second ice age!
It was my first experience with snow (call it a deprived childhood) and I went outside to soak in the experience! The jokers were making use of a trolley to write huge words in the snow and also making snow angels on the floor (lying flat on the floor in the snow and swiping their arms), but I guess snow does have that magical effect of making you happy and childish! I took some photos before heading back to the comfort of my bed! It finally feels like Christmas, but a month late! Still, I'm happy to see snow, cause it's been an unusually warm winter and I thought I wouldn't get to see snow this year!
It was my first experience with snow (call it a deprived childhood) and I went outside to soak in the experience! The jokers were making use of a trolley to write huge words in the snow and also making snow angels on the floor (lying flat on the floor in the snow and swiping their arms), but I guess snow does have that magical effect of making you happy and childish! I took some photos before heading back to the comfort of my bed! It finally feels like Christmas, but a month late! Still, I'm happy to see snow, cause it's been an unusually warm winter and I thought I wouldn't get to see snow this year!

Narnia
Walking to school in the morning though was a different story. The floor was partially iced and together with me nursing a bruised heel from floorball, it was a difficult journey to school! Wanted to throw some snowballs at people, but unfortunately, my medic friends don't stay in the same area as me! Perhaps another time~
Andrew my best bud from SJI came down in the first week of January and bunked over with me for the period of time that he was in London. We had an SJI gathering at Kiasu (which is a Singaporean restaurent in Bayswater, selling stuff like Char Kway Teoh and Teh Tarik, but at prices 900% that of those found in Singapore) Unfortunately, Mike Lui was away on a running weekend with his school and wasn't able to join us!

SJI Oldboys - Alumini Rules!
Back Row (left to right) - Alex Kiu, Ian Tan
Front Row (left to right) - Philibert, Andrew, Tim Lim, Jia Yao, me
Back Row (left to right) - Alex Kiu, Ian Tan
Front Row (left to right) - Philibert, Andrew, Tim Lim, Jia Yao, me

Two Thumbs-up to Sussex Gardens B&B
Meanwhile, results just came out about two hours ago. 82% of the cohort failed. Thankfully, I'm not one of them. But neither am I too happy about my grades. Need to step up a few gears and be even more focused!
posted by Gabriel Yan at 1:03 AM
1 Comments:
haha...the lion came that morning and winter and snow ended that very day itself!~
Post a Comment
<< Home