GARGANTUAN steps
Friday, August 10, 2007
a spot of bother
It hasn't really been a good week for me. It's been terrible to the point where I feel extremely isolated and feeling that there's no one's there for me. Perhaps it's my own problems compounded but I still can't take the blame squarely on my shoulders, at least till I'm convinced that I actually forgot to something that I promised. I'm a man of my word, and though at times prone to forgetfulness, I will take responsibility if problems result because of me. This incident with my accommodation for my next year in London has left a few bitter tastes in people's mouth (including mine) and I am apologetic that hard work has gone down the drain. But I also can't believe I could have agreed to what had been discussed, so perhaps I was either drowned in other thoughts, or I was ill-informed.
I want to put this incident aside, but some words said to me have really hit hard. It will take a while for me to recover from them. They really hurt.
But anyhow, enough of that. I'm currently recovering from a severe episode of migraine that came about last night, now currently kept in check by two tablets of paracetamol. There's still niggling pain beneath my skull now and any exertion might cause the dam to explode again. Time to keep my stress levels down.
Extremely looking forward to my first competitive game of floorball on Sunday evening at Tampines Sports Hall. I've joined my old hockey friends in a team called Cornvix. I have belief that I came up with this name back in JC but I'll have to confirm again with my old captain Harun. He wanted a team with the word "corn" inside cause he is a corny person, and since we were from VJC, I suggested CornVic. But I suppose seems we're a group of people, the plural form sounded better. Been given the squad number 15, and I've bought myself a new floorball stick! A nice white Unihoc Rad32 stick with bits of it in red and grey. This is the only thing cheering my up for now! And also to the listening ear that's been hearing my grumbles. Thanks for hearing my whinings. I know I can really be an earful!
I want to put this incident aside, but some words said to me have really hit hard. It will take a while for me to recover from them. They really hurt.
But anyhow, enough of that. I'm currently recovering from a severe episode of migraine that came about last night, now currently kept in check by two tablets of paracetamol. There's still niggling pain beneath my skull now and any exertion might cause the dam to explode again. Time to keep my stress levels down.
Extremely looking forward to my first competitive game of floorball on Sunday evening at Tampines Sports Hall. I've joined my old hockey friends in a team called Cornvix. I have belief that I came up with this name back in JC but I'll have to confirm again with my old captain Harun. He wanted a team with the word "corn" inside cause he is a corny person, and since we were from VJC, I suggested CornVic. But I suppose seems we're a group of people, the plural form sounded better. Been given the squad number 15, and I've bought myself a new floorball stick! A nice white Unihoc Rad32 stick with bits of it in red and grey. This is the only thing cheering my up for now! And also to the listening ear that's been hearing my grumbles. Thanks for hearing my whinings. I know I can really be an earful!
Labels: Singapore
posted by Gabriel Yan at 4:31 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home