GARGANTUAN steps

Tuesday, January 05, 2021

let us dream

 


Closed out the tumultuous year 2020 with this book on a path to a better future. Written very poignantly, very eloquently, and very succinctly. Brought about a lot of thought provoking themes on what it truly means to be human, and what it truly means to be a Christian. How we have, as a society, been too driven by material wealth and have left so many people behind as a result. You would think the pope was promoting socialism, but in truth, he was just promoting the kingdom of Heaven, and how we each can play a part to bring about it here on earth. 

And one of the my favourite quotes in the book is this - 

" The problem is not feeding the poor, or clothing the naked, or visiting the sick, but rather recognizing that the poor, the naked, the sick, prisoners, and the homelessness have the dignity to sit at our table, to feel 'at home' among us, to feel part of a family. This is the sign that the Kingdom of Heaven is in our midst."

Year 2020 has been a year that has turned everything on top of its head, and it calls for me to look deep within myself and emerge from the year 2021 a better person. 

" Rather than accusing others for their failures and limitations, I find some fault or attitude in myself. And I then turn to my Creator and my God and ask Him for the grace I need to move forward, confident that He loves me and cares for me. Rather than close myself off to God, I open the door for Him to act in and through me, because God never imposes on our freedom; He must be invited in. And I find, when this happens, that rather than find fault in my brother or sister, I see in him or her one who is also struggling and in need of help, and I offer myself in service to them."
- Pope Francis

Labels: ,

posted by Gabriel Yan at 9:15 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home