GARGANTUAN steps

Saturday, March 31, 2007

london

I went on a tour of London on Tuesday all by my lonesome self (and also because I'm crazy enough to just go to a tourist site, pop out of the tube station, take a photo and go back underneath again.) I did have a tour of London two years back, and a short one last year when I came for my interview, but since I'm on holiday and also in a holiday mood, and I'm also on a week's travelcard (meaning I buy a week's worth of travelling on tubes/buses), I decided to go for it.

So for all you back at home, here's a little bit of London squashed into my blog! Some photos used were from previous visits, but they are a much better representative than some of them which I took on Tuesday.


Marble Arch


Bond Street London's equivalent of Orchard Road, which means terrible human traffic too


St. Paul's Cathedral
it used to be my favourite church till I went to Rome, but still a captivating beauty


Tower Bridge Fon stays very near here and we walk to her place via this bridge, the winds here can really blow you away


The Tower of London
London's ancient fortress since the time of William the Conquerer


The London Eye a nice way to get a bird's eye view of the city


The Thames and the London Eye Britain's very own Singapore River


Westminster Abbey I've never been inside here but I'll go in one day~ Also, apparently starred in the Da Vinci Code


Westminster Cathedral Head Roman Catholic Church in London


Buckingham Palace where the Royal Family resides


Trafalgar Square and the National Art Gallery


Picadilly Circus


The Houses of Parliament and Big Ben for the record, Big Ben is one of the bells within the clock~

Alright, that's the long and short of London! Next up it's Spain~ But first, I've got lots of materials to read up! It's kind of depressing ending the holidays with an exam. Will never be able to have a good break at the rate this is going! Have a Happy Easter guys, and welcome to the family, Sheng Hui! You'll finally be a full-fledged Roman Catholic this coming Easter!

Labels: , ,

posted by Gabriel Yan at 6:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home