GARGANTUAN steps
Monday, October 22, 2007
knackered up
Just the start of my fourth week back in London and I am crushed by the weight of work and just about everything else in my life. I think I haven't really disciplined myself to finish my work before doing other things and so I find myself reading late into the night, sacrificing my sleep. Time to change this bad habit of mine and get focused on work. At least I have improved on this from last week. I think I could barely take my mind off floorball last week.
Anyhow, the annual Nottingham Games is up in about 3 weeks time (10th November) and floorball training is stepping up! I've been made the coach of the two teams and have also been given the unenviable task of making the team selection. Quite a headache, who to include and exclude, and whether to split the teams evenly. I've also been going for double floorball sessions a week, one is the usual Singaporean wednesday sessions at Hyde Park and on thursday, I head down to play and train with the London Crusaders (which is a floorball team!) Trying very hard to improve my play and most importantly, making the right decisions on the court. Trying out some new shooting techniques too that I hope will be mastered in good time.
Have a feeling that things have changed drastically somehow. I wonder whether it's me. Why have things become the way they are now? It just feels so wrong. Being there is sometimes worse than being alone.
Anyhow, the annual Nottingham Games is up in about 3 weeks time (10th November) and floorball training is stepping up! I've been made the coach of the two teams and have also been given the unenviable task of making the team selection. Quite a headache, who to include and exclude, and whether to split the teams evenly. I've also been going for double floorball sessions a week, one is the usual Singaporean wednesday sessions at Hyde Park and on thursday, I head down to play and train with the London Crusaders (which is a floorball team!) Trying very hard to improve my play and most importantly, making the right decisions on the court. Trying out some new shooting techniques too that I hope will be mastered in good time.
Have a feeling that things have changed drastically somehow. I wonder whether it's me. Why have things become the way they are now? It just feels so wrong. Being there is sometimes worse than being alone.
posted by Gabriel Yan at 4:57 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home