GARGANTUAN steps
Friday, December 07, 2007
deja vu
Barely a year ago, my good friend from army times, 3SG Ho came over to London and less than a year later, he's back again! Remembered meeting him for lunch at the crepe restaurant at South Kensington before he proceeded to crash my lecture. (Check out my post last year on 17th December 2006)
Just met up with him again this afternoon for lunch at Chinatown, having dim sum at Imperial China. This time, he came over from India after spending 10 weeks there learning about their culture and history. Wished my university had such cultural exchanges and than I’d probably want to go to Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Russia, Mexico or Peru! I probably should throw in India into the fray but I’d probably go there later in my career. They do say the Taj Mahal is an extremely romantic place to go to!
This year, instead of seeing the fair beside the Natural History Museum, we went to Trafalgar Square instead to catch hold of the Christmas tree that was shipped all the way from Norway. Apparently, every year since 1947, Norway gives London a Christmas tree in gratitude for Britain’s support for Norway during the second World War. It was quite a tall tree but it seemed rather unspectacular to me, looking rather bare and fragile instead! But anyway, it still deserved a shot in my photo-album, so here it is!
Yixian and Me at Trafalgar Square with the Norwegian spruce which is apparently 50-60 years old
Meanwhile, it's a week till the end of this term of school and I'll be off to Greece and Turkey next Saturday! Quite excited by this upcoming trip! And I can't wait to catch up with my brother. Will be back in London in time for Christmas and I'll have heaps of photos to post up then!
Just met up with him again this afternoon for lunch at Chinatown, having dim sum at Imperial China. This time, he came over from India after spending 10 weeks there learning about their culture and history. Wished my university had such cultural exchanges and than I’d probably want to go to Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Russia, Mexico or Peru! I probably should throw in India into the fray but I’d probably go there later in my career. They do say the Taj Mahal is an extremely romantic place to go to!
This year, instead of seeing the fair beside the Natural History Museum, we went to Trafalgar Square instead to catch hold of the Christmas tree that was shipped all the way from Norway. Apparently, every year since 1947, Norway gives London a Christmas tree in gratitude for Britain’s support for Norway during the second World War. It was quite a tall tree but it seemed rather unspectacular to me, looking rather bare and fragile instead! But anyway, it still deserved a shot in my photo-album, so here it is!
Yixian and Me at Trafalgar Square with the Norwegian spruce which is apparently 50-60 years old
Meanwhile, it's a week till the end of this term of school and I'll be off to Greece and Turkey next Saturday! Quite excited by this upcoming trip! And I can't wait to catch up with my brother. Will be back in London in time for Christmas and I'll have heaps of photos to post up then!
posted by Gabriel Yan at 11:50 PM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home